Happiness Works is a catalyst for culture change. We help you create a happier, more productive, and sustainable workplace.
At Happiness Works we're passionate about creating a better world of work. We believe if more people genuinely enjoyed their work then everyone would benefit, including employees, customers and shareholders.
Founded by Nic Marks, a world expert in well-being measurement and TED speaker, we’re taking over ten years experience of applied research and turning it into products to help make better workplaces.
About the job
- You’ll be joining a friendly high performing team who are passionate about what they do.
- You’ll be working closely with the CTO building our innovative online and mobile applications.
You’ll get to work with the latest methodologies and tools.
You’ll have the opportunity to help develop our product roadmap and shape the company strategy.
- You’ll be able to make a direct impact on the world, making people’s working lives better.
- You need to be self-motivated and enthusiastic about both technology and social science.
You should be experienced with Ruby on Rails (our backend runs on Rails with PostgreSQL and Redis on AWS).
You should have a good understanding of HTML & CSS.
- You should have experience of writing unit tests and test driven development (we write automated tests for all our code).
- You should understand SQL database design and know how to write and optimise queries.
You should have an appreciation of good design and high attention to detail.
Ideally you will have one or more of…
Experience of building Single Page Applications with REST services using React or similar frameworks.
- Experience building mobile apps for either iOS or Android.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS.
- You should have experience of Linux server administration.
What we offer
- 30 days holiday a year.
- Flexible working hours and locations.
No recruiters please.